Unit Secretary Resume Examples
unit secretary/certified nursing assistant ii
- Answering telephones, filing, admitting patients, and making follow up appointments for patients being discharge.
- Taking vital signs, and documenting intake and output.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Dressing and bathing patients.
- Inventory for department
- maintained medical records for department
- Notary responsibilities
- coordinated trauma codes with corresponding departments
- maintained radio support for incoming air care and EMS services
- Greet and register patients checking in for surgery.
- Receive payments and record receipts for procedures done at the facility.
- File and maintain medical records.
- Provide information about the building, such as location of providers offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Analyze data to determine answers to billing questions from patients who previously had surgery.
- Calculate and give estimates regarding future procedures using insurance policies, or other products or services.
- Follow-up and collection of unpaid insurance claims.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments.
- Take patients for routine laboratory tests.
- Perform daily care duties with patients.
- Transcribe orders & admit patients
- Entered data into computer to set appointments and receive orders
- Greet patients and family onto unit ,answer multi line phone handle calls accordingly
- Admit patients ,and maintain patient records, break down medical charts for record keeping and coordinate billing.
- Assign room with Nurse for incoming patients to unit
- ensuring patient privacy by abiding by Hippa regulations
- Decipher and placed physician’s orders in computer system
- Communicated patients’ needs to appropriate co-workers
- Answer telephone calls in a professional manner
- Assist with keeping workflow consistent
- Maintain knowledge of HIPAA.
- Direct patient families and visitors to appropriate waiting rooms.
- Input doctor’s orders for specific patients into their chart, order exams for patients, order MD consults for patients, and check patient charts for accuracy and completion of orders.
- Take patient specimens to the appropriate lab and pick up radiology discs.
- Prepare patient charts for patient transfer to another facility, maintain knowledge of different forms necessary for transfer.
- Call and direct transport to pick up critical patients needing to go to a different facility.
- Assist nurses, physicians, and other medical staff to ensure the best patient care possible.
- Entered written orders from physician into Meditech order management.
- To answer phone calls promptly and courteously and to take and communicate messages accurately.
- To prepare patient charts at time of admission.
- Coordinated office inventory by restocking supplies and placing purchase orders.
- Greeted incoming visitorsin a professional manner and provided friendly, knowledgeable assistance.
- Maintains high level of service for both internal and external customers.
- Answers phone and ensures patient requests are disseminated to nursing staff as appropriate. Communicates repeated patient requests to appropriate staff or Charge Nurse as necessary.
- Accurately and promptly transcribes orders.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of medical terminology. Writes in legible handwriting appropriate forms with required dates, times and signatures.
- Coordinates scheduling of tests and procedures with appropriate departments in efficient and timely manner.
- Makes orders available for nurse review following initial transcription. Generates accurate computer entries based on orders transcribed, including essential information regarding patient (i.e., allergies, isolation precautions) and routes computer entries and paperwork.
- Prioritize “stat” and “now” orders above routine orders. Communicates priority orders, incomplete orders, illegible orders or use of non-approved abbreviations to Charge Nurse in timely manner.
unit secretary/cna 2
- Enter data, such as demographic, entering MD orders, diagnostic procedures, or treatment into computer.
- Files reports and documents in appropriate areas of patient’s medical record as established by policies. Places lab results on chart prior to physician rounds.
- Thins patient’s charts by removing reports and documents in accordance with established policies. Stores “thinned records” in accordance with policy in unit-based files.
- Reviews medical records of discharged patients to ensure all reports and documents within record are stamped for designated patient and in order established by policy.
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.