- Responsible for the compilation of patients record.
- Schedules and confirm patient’s appointments and consultations.
- Interview patients in order to complete documents, case histories and forms
- Perform various clerical and admin functions such as ordering and maintaining an inventory of medical supplies.
- Generates revenues by completing direct client and third-party billing/ accounts payable; monitoring accounts receivables; initiating collection calls and reminders.
- Maintains official receipt and forward necessary documents for government transactions
- Secures information by completing database back-ups.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Represents physicians by screening incoming telephone calls; recording and transmitting messages; scheduling, receiving, and announcing scheduled patients and visitors; screening unscheduled client and visitors; arranging referrals to other health care providers; scheduling appointments for consultations, x-rays, lab tests, physical therapy, MRI’s, CT scans, etc.
- Ensures physician productivity by maintaining calendars; scheduling patient appointments; physician consultations; professional meetings, conferences; teleconferences, and travel.
- Produces information by transcribing dictation, preparing medical reports and summaries, patient histories, operative notes, manuscripts and correspondence; planning, organizing, coordinating and controlling projects.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials.
- Verify insurances, referrals for specialist.
- File charts, organize all current notes.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; maintaining client’s records; recording meeting discussions.
- Coordinate with other professionals, such as Surgeons, OB-GYN, and Pediatric Doctors, to ensure job success.
- Inform physician of patient’s condition.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps office equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintain communication between management departments, medical staff, and department heads by attending committees meetings and coordinating interdepartmental functioning.
- Conduct administrative staff interviews of recruitment and training of personnel.
- Prepare meetings agenda items and send an e-calendar invite for all the steakholders.
- Record and edit the minutes of meetings and distribute to appropriate members with following up the actions.
- Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers.
- Establish work schedules and assignments for admin staff, according to workload, space deem necessary.
- Develop and maintain computerized record management systems to store and process data such as physicians Manpower Matrix activities and ZBB to produce reports.