- For 10+ companies, some with multi-state taxes, processed weekly and biweekly payroll accurately and efficiently,implementing new procedures, spreadsheet, and reporting tools presently in place.
- Promoted to General Accountant.
- Reviewed time sheets, commission reports, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Updated payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Provided information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, benefit plans, and other payroll areas.
- Compiled statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts, and submit to Human Resources.
- Prepared and balanced period-end reports, and reconcile payroll GL accounts.
- Enrolling new hair in GOSI system.
- Collecting and verifying timekeeping information for all employees.
- Calculating pay according to hours worked incorporating leaves and overtime.
- Calculate bonuses when appropriate.
- Issues statements and invoices and maintain records.
- Calculate unemployment and severance payments.
- Prepare and submit reports with payroll information to the manager.
- Full function processing with the assistance of a PT Payroll Officer
- Preparation and reconciliation of all month end accounts and taxes
- Management reports
- Determined payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer’s social security, unemployment, and worker’s compensation payments.
- Manual interpretation of time sheets and payroll processing for 240 employees
- Auditing time sheets and leave
- Payment of Sustenance Claims and Transferred Officers Claims
- Workers Compensation Claims
- Ad hoc tasks as required
- Prepare and process payroll data, imputting data from time sheets into payroll system. Utilizing dynamic payroll system to produce accurate payroll on a monthly basis while ensuring compliance with state, province and employment laws.
- Responsible for processing new hires, terminations, and rate changes, while entering appropriate data into the computer system.
- Respond to payroll inquiries within a reasonable time frame in a courteous and professional manner. Propose solution when information is needed or errors occur.
- Oversee preparation and processing of monthly and yearly tax statements.
- Perform any reasonable request by management that supports the Companies mission and goals.
- Perform other related duties as required.