- Schedule appointments, prepare invoices and take payment transactions for provided services, complete patient insurance forms, and maintain client, business and bank records, manually or using Socrates othorpaedic software.
- Convey professional telephone manner and management of customer requirements.
- Educate patients on contact lens care, visual hygiene and safety.
- Transmit documents to business partners using facsimile machine.
- Count and evaluate daily cash takings, bank and deposit securely.
- Explain products and services based on the customer’s individual needs.
- Advise customers on pricing, including current deals and health fund benefits.
- Book appointments over the phone and in person with the customer.
- Conduct pre-testing procedures and visual field appointments with patients.
- Frame style to suit the individual requests and features of the customer.
- Take accurate measurements of the lenses and place spectacle orders.
- Repair spectacles.
- Answered customers’ questions and addressed problems and complaints in person and via phone.
- Offered exceptional customer service to differentiate and promote the company brand.
- Collaborated with customer service team members to give exceptional service throughout the entire shopping and purchasing experience.
- Built customer confidence by actively listening to their concerns and giving appropriate feedback.
- Balanced the needs of multiple customers simultaneously in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Greeted patients, answered phones, handled and responded to correspondence.
- Maintained patient records and scheduled appointments.
- Assisted with vision tests and taught patients how to use and care for contact lenses.
- Receive payment by cash, credit cards or health fund rebates.
- Managed patient information in line with stated preferences and HIPAA guidelines.
- Setting up appointments for patients to see the eye doctor.
- Verifying insurance and patient information.
- Maintaining patient files.
- Manage cash register.
- Close out sales for the day.
- Answering all incoming phone calls.