- Separated and Organized Parcels By Size and Weight and Category
- Organized paper mail by Postal Code Region
- Maintain an uptempo pace through out shift
- Sorted incoming and outgoing mail.
- Sorted mail to be delivered for postal service and processing machines which prepare incoming and outgoing mail for distribution.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Kept in communication with staff about mail status.
- Organized work area for efficient mail sorting.
- Hand sort letters as necessary.
- Prepare mail to be loaded onto carrier trucks.
- Load postal trucks and ensure parcels are packed in delivery route order.
- Load and operate mail processing, sorting, and canceling machinery.
- Sort and organize mail for future delivery.
- Unload trucks after route has been completed.
- Repair machinery.
- Respond to complaints regarding mail theft, delivery problems, and lost or damaged mail, filling out forms and making appropriate referrals for investigation.
- Bundle, label, and route sorted mail to designated areas depending on destinations and according to established procedures and deadlines.
- Operate computer scanning equipment, addressographs, mimeographs, and optical character readers.
- Assist customers at teller windows.
- Package Handling
- RF Scanning of mail and packages
- Assisting in other departments as needed
- Fix wet, spoiled, or broken packages.