- Welcome and entertain guest as they arrived at the hotel.
- Checking the guest in and out.
- Issuing keys.
- Taking reservations by telephone, online or by email.
- My job as a receptionist consisted in:
- Accommodating the customers;
- Flexibility – answering calls for inquiries regarding the rates, room services;
- Booking rooms for customers;
- Making requested hotel tours for new customers;
- Handing over the receipts to the customers;
- Receiving the payments for the booking, meals and drinks;
- dealing with bookings
- completing procedures when guests arrive and leave
- choosing rooms and handing out keys
- preparing bills and taking payments
- taking and passing on messages to guests
- dealing with special requests from guests (like booking theatre tickets or storing valuable items)
- answering questions
hotel receptionist ( part time )
- welcome and greet guests
- answer and direct incoming calls
- inform guests of hotel rates and services
- make and confirm reservations for guests
- ensure proper room allocation
- register and check guests in
- confirm relevant guest information
- verify guest’s payment method
- issue room keys and direct guests to their rooms
- maintain clear and accurate records of guest room bookings
- provide accurate information about local attractions and services
- complete and maintain any incident reports, daily activity reports or other reports requested by management
- close guest accounts and check guests out.
- monitor visitors to the hotel