transportation assistant, gs-2102-05
- I provide support to the medical center by planning, organizing, and control of all patient transportation to and from the VA as well as non-VA facilities
- Accurately explains the VA eligibility criteria for beneficiary travel to patients, their families, and staff including the information about VISN 11 catchment areas and availability of services at each location as they relate to travel benefits.
- I compute the cost of travel allowances and advise prospective travelers of available and most suitable routes and accommodations
- I review requests for reimbursement of travel costs for the purpose of assuring compliance with regulations and procedures, completeness, accuracy, internal consistency, and agreement with basic authorization.
- Accurately completes all necessary paperwork and collects data as needed for preparation regarding patient travel.
- Field phone calls and dispatch
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs
- Manage and maintain routes with routing software
- Coordinate loads for delivery daily.
- Awarded with a monetary bonus by the FMCSA for exceeding the standard in all critical areas of performance evaluation
- Facilitated inter-departmental communication to effectively provide customer support
- Scheduled staff shifts to cover peaks and lulls in customer inquiries
- Responded to over 4000 callers and provided guidance about the DOT guideline and regulations exceeding the
- Facilitated inter-departmental communication to effectively provide customer support standard of peers