- Answer Patient’s questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Ensuring exceptional customer service is given to each individual that visits the consultation office.
- Answering telephones and emails as well as common questions about surgical times, appointments, and instructions.
- Receive payment by cash, check or credit cards.
- Providing patients with pre and post-operative instructions.
- Maximize office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications schedule, Care Credit and any other systems as required.
surgical coordinator/ patient relations
- Booking 20-40 surgical cases per week for office surgical center and affiliated hospitals for 2 surgeons.
- Consulting cosmetic patients, preparing patient quotes, explaining cosmetic procedures, financial policies for multiple financing companies, pre and post op instructions, RX’s, and pre/post op care.
- Checking patient lab work, EKG’s, medical clearance, mammography reports, biopsies, etc.
- ‘Up-sell’ procedures to ‘package deals’ such as ‘mommy makeover’, averaging $12k – $20k per patient.
- Maintain contact after initial consult to encourage booking of surgical procedure.
- Offer 5 star personalized service to every patient.
- Respond to all emails regarding surgical inquires.
- Building good relationships and friendly bonds with the patients to maintain and broaden patient base.
- Proficient in Prescription Monitoring Program and NexTech system.
- Recording all weekly surgical revenue and calculating anesthesia cost to ensure the Anesthesiologists are accurately compensated.
- Ordering of Oxygen; checking tanks daily to ensure oxygen is in stock for upcoming surgical procedures that require general anesthesia.
- Manage Doctors OR Schedule and clinic schedule.
- Work closely with Management to resolve patients concerns.
- Scheduling surgical patients such as Plastics, Retina, Cataract, Cornea and more.
- Insurance verification and pre-certification for procedures.
- Charge entry, payment collection and payment posting.
- Phone customer service for any surgical concerns.
- Spanish Interpreter (if Needed)
surgical coordinator/patient services representitive
- Manage surgery services, including planning, scheduling and coordination, and determination of procedures.
- Help technicians with any surgical patients concerns and testing.
- Ophthalmic Scribe Certify.
- More upon request