- Point person to work with other district employees to negotiate efficient procedures to begin integration of a new charter school program
- Assisted in overall management of the student records department.
- Assisted in development and evaluation of departmental policies, procedures, and goals
- Prepared documents for annual state audit
- Facilitated team meetings to ensure team members were current on policies and procedures
- Ensured all record keeping and information disbursement complied with local policies, federal and state laws
- Assembled medical records into standard chart format and maintained chart order on a continuous basis.
- Filed documents into patients’ charts
- Checked charts in and out of office using tracking system.
- Converted several hundred medical record charts to electronic.
- Served as a back up at several locations for front desk.
- Complies with applicable governmental regulations HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) and EMTALA (Emergency Medical Treatment Active Labor Act).
- Obtain demographic, third party payer, and other financial/medical information, and identification to schedule, pre-admit/admit, or pre- register or register patients.
- Documents all activities in the collection notes file of the computer system as appropriate.
- Scans all documents in the appropriate folder in the computer system.
- Obtains all necessary consents for patient treatment either in person or over the phone.
- Prepare materials for charitable events, such as packing backpacks, setting up and taking down the entire event.
- Direct clients to different stations for them to visit.
- Enroll and register clients into the system.
- Scheduled patients at the Weight Control Center
- Maintain records of previous campers and process registrations through an online database.
- Collect and count money. Do basic bookkeeping and prep bank deposits.
- Verified personal and insurance information.
- Coordinated appointments for patients going through bariatric surgery.