- prepared inspection procedure outlines for reference use in subsequent inspections, using data obtained from blueprints, customer specifications.
- Inspected purchased parts, assemblies, accessories, and materials for conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments and devices: Examines items for defects in materials, work, and damage occurring in transit.
- Compared quantity and part number of items received with procurement data and other specifications to ensure completeness and accuracy of order.
- Inspected and measured items for dimensional accuracy, fit, alignment, and functional operation, according to blueprints, parts manuals, and other specifications.
- test hardness of metals, using testing equipment.
- Inspected welded parts to determine that welds conform to established standards.
- inspected outgoing and production line parts and materials being sent to outside vendors.
- Approved or rejected items, while recording inspection and disposition information..
- Verify non-conformance and produce all necessary measurements and specifications for the continuous improvement team.
- Initiated and aided in the investigation of non-conformance issues then assisted with any rework required to move components to the next operation in a timely manner.
- Assisted in training new operators on correct product terminology and measuring tools and techniques along with mentoring operators in exceptional quality and the importance of producing quality parts
- .Participate in continuous improvement projects and ideas to enhance processes and operations.