- Ordering for the produce department and maintaining accurate inventory levels.
- Manage in store events and planning.
- Merchandise department for incremental sales .
- Managing margin, COGs and overall department profitability including minimizing shrink and maximizing effective purchasing.
- Setting and maintaining the department on a daily basis including ensuring that the produce rack is consistently fresh, full and abundant throughout the day.
- Training and monitoring department personnel.
- Merchandising shelves, endcaps and dynamic displays.
- Knowledgeable of other departments, including deli, meat, seafood & floral.
- Interviewing and hiring for department needs.
- Handling register functions including backup cashiering, managing customer returns, addressing customer complaints, and covering register shift changes, including those for scheduled breaks.
- Continually increasing product knowledge.
- Prepare and creatively display produce items
- Arranging fresh delivery of newly harvested produce items
- Contribute to a team environment and communicate effectively with other associates
- Maintains store shelves by observing displays of products, removing damaged or freshness-dated products. tidying store shelves
- Create eye catching displays.
- Create up coming ad items.
- Keep track of gross profit.
- Ordering / Stocking.
- Manage workers.
- Manage other departments.
- Bringing fresh fruits and vegetables from farm to market.
- Displaying produce in a neat and desirable appearance.
- Working directly with customers at the market to ensure they find what they need and answer any questions about the produce.
- Responsible for the entire produce department