- Analyze and interpret patients’ histories, symptoms, physical findings, or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses.
- Direct, supervise and evaluate work activities of medical, nursing, technical, clerical, service, maintenance, and other personnel.
- Inspect facilities and recommend building or equipment modifications to ensure emergency readiness and compliance to access, safety, and sanitation regulations.
- Assess patients’ mental and physical status based on the presenting symptoms and complaints. psychiatric disorders and mental health conditions.
- Nursing Supervisor for one pre- adjudicated facility and three post adjudicated facility.
- Collaborated with multidisciplinary team members, working closely with physicians and nurses.
- Responsible for the operation of the entire hospital facility reporting directly to senior leadership.
- Responsible for staffing and patient safety.
- Direct, supervise and evaluate work activities of nursing personnel
- Establish staffing assignments acccording to census and grid
- Facilitate admissions according to diagnosis and acuity
- Patient rounding
- Readmission interviews
- Maintain census according to Critical Access guidelines
- Assist with PICC line insertions
- Establish work schedules and assignments for staff, according to workload, space and equipment availability.
- Maintain communication between medical staff, eg. Nurses, Doctors, facility Administration.
- Monitor the use of diagnostic services, inpatient beds, facilities, and staff to ensure effective use of resources and assess the need for additional staff, equipment, and services.
- Order, perform, or interpret the results of diagnostic tests such as complete blood counts (CBCs), electrocardiograms (EKGs), and radiographs (x-rays).
- Recommend interventions to modify behavior associated with health risks.
- Educate patients about self-management of acute or chronic illnesses, tailoring instructions to patients’ individual circumstances.
- Effectively supervised 132-bed Skilled Nursing facility including Assisted and Independent facility with 250 RN’s, LPN’s, CNA’s and non-clinical staff.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate outstanding health care teams.
- Contributed substantially to successful department JCAHO accreditation and HIPPA compliance.
- Coordinated Quality Improvement Activities to identify performance areas for improvement.