medical secretary/patient registration
- Organized patient documentation and entered their information into the hospital database
- Checked patients into the clinic and ER
- Collected payments from patients
- Answered phones and made appointments for the clinic
- Checked patient insurance and set up their billing
- Currently working for 18 doctors. Looking after bookings, payments, referrals, list goes on.
- Referrals: I manage the referrals for the whole building of Prof Unit. This includes receiving referrals from doctors and booking the patients in. May also include contacting GP and advising them of doctor specialities.
- Use of Zedmed and Outlook. (Medicare + Eclipse)
- Outpatient/inpatient billings
- Perform general office duties, such as answering telephones, taking dictation, and completing insurance forms.
- Keep financial records and perform other bookkeeping duties, such as handling credit & collections and mailing monthly statements to patients.
- Prepare reports for the physician and his assistants.
- Debt collecting; contacting patients re: outstanding accounts.
- Front desk administration.
- Answering patients phone calls.
- Greeting patients and maintaining relationships with sales representatives, pharmacies, patients and their families.