- Schedule and confirm appointments for clients, and customers
- Use computers for various applications and create, maintain, and enter information into databases.
- Greet and log in patients arriving at the clinic.
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using the computer.
- Getting Pre-Authorizations for medical treatments
- Collecting co-payments
- Performing TMS( Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) on patients .
- Making sure patient charts and information is up to date in the online database.
- Answered phones.
- Booked, cancelled and rescheduled patient appointments.
- Used Best Practice GP Software to lodge Medicare batches, send ACIR immunisation data, create staff user profiles, reconcile Medicare batches, book appointments, create new patients, generate invoices, etc.
- Handled cash and cheques and maintained the petty cash and float book.
- Faxed patient referrals and other means of confidential documentation.
- Processed financial transactions and Medicare rebates via HICAPS.
- Created invoices for account holders and workers compensation claims.
- Answers phone calls from patients inquiring about appointment bookings by giving them the option to confirm or reschedule an appointment
- Checks patients in by swiping their health cards and confirming their information to verify attendance for appointment
- Performs urinalysis tests for doctors by inserting dipstick into urine to be able to transcribe and report results
- Handled patient complaints and dealt with difficult patients.
medical receptionist/medical records clerk
- Answer telephones and give informatio
- Greet visitors or callers and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.n to callers, take
- Dealt with conflict and life-threatening emergency situations.
- Trained and inducted new staff members.