- Examine patient to obtain information on medical condition.
- Ordered the needed laboratory procedures for comprehensive diagnosis.
- Conducted patient rounds to monitor compliance to medication, progress and recovery, Prepare case histories.
- Prescribe treatments:medication and procedures, such as sedatives, diets, antibiotics, and preparation and treatment
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, assistants, and other medical staff.
- My prime duty was to receive patients and lead my whole team of nurses to prepare the patient for the required treatment plan.
- Counsel the patient and patient party, prepare consent forms for both parties, explain the condition of the patient to the party and assure them to give the best possible service.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, assistants, specialists, residents, and other medical staff as per seniors indication.
- Maintain the patient log book
- Write discharge Certificates with advice and follow up dates.
- Working in both outpatient and maternal and child health department in the second largest government health clinic in Sabah.
- In-charge for EKSA and colorectal screening.
- Participated in non-communicable disease (NCD) audit for the clinic.
- Balancing the duties of a physician with that of an administrator.
- Collect patients’ histories, examine and order for diagnostic tests to develop appropriate diagnoses.
- Examine and interpret test results and prescribe treatment.
- Attend training classes to maintain certification licensure, keep abreast of new developments in the field and maintain existing knowledge.
- Carry out minor surgeries on patients as required.
- Provide consultation and medical assistance to other doctors and medical personnel.
- Orchestrated health awareness programmes to the patients attending the OPD.
- Implemented national health programmes in various domains of patient’s care.
- Imparted health education to primary school children with control of vaccine preventable diseases.
- Trained the staff and school teachers regarding common health problems of school going children and control of epidemics.