senior medical officer
- direct and coordinate the programmatic and clinical activities of the HIV and TB units
- maintain communication between the clinical team and the Lagos Police command by attending board meetings
- direct and coordinate activities of medical officers and interns
- analyze patient’s medical history, medication allergies, physical condition, and examination results to make diagnosis and inform management
- refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioners when necessary.
- To provide quality clinical care to patients.
- To practice evidence based medicine.
- To ensure Emergency preparedness & response treatment/ procedure/ investigations accordingly.
- To ensure timely attention and intervention for any query or requirement from the in-patients.
- To comply with patient protocols (OP-IP/OT/Diagnostic/ICU/Triage) & document patient file/ prescriptions/requisitions.
- To follow infection control policies.
- To have complete orientation of IMS and NABH system.
- Evaluate patients and provide appropriate medical treatment for various illnesses and injuries
- Document all patient evaluations, treatments, medications and transactions according to company policies and procedures
- Supervise Medical Assistants to ensure compliance With all applicable regulations
- Evaluate effectiveness of current care methods and procedures and suggest improvements
- Prescribe, administer and dispense medication in accordance With state and federal statutes
- Assist Medical Director in identifying and resolving workplace issues
- Doctor qualifications and skills
- Mentoring Medical officer interns and clinical officer interns and clinical officers at the Hospital
- Conducting surgeries required at the Hospital for Obstetric, gynecological and other surgical cases
- Medical officer In charge of the Medical wards, ensuring proper treatment guidelines were initiated and followed
- Representation of Doctors for legal cases in court
- Responsible for diagnosing and administering general medicaltreatment to patients in a hospital or through extension services at a clinic, school or other designated place.
- Work involves the examination of patients, performing investigations and carrying out necessary medical treatment in the prevention and control of diseases.
- Assist in major operations.
- Performed minor surgical procedure.
- Performed medical procedure in Medical and Pediatrics department.
- Work is performed under the general supervision of the professional superior.