senior medical coder
- Senior Medical Coder in Multi-specialty and Evolution management coding from Mar-2109 till date.
- Responsible for primary care, case management, and medication management.
- Keep an accurate log of all requests for medical information and records.
- Utilize Encoder-Pro, Coding work file, and ARM to manage and confirm patient data, such as insurance, demographic and medical history information.
- Provide patient diagnoses under strict time constraints.
- Accurately pull patient records in a timely manner, typically within minimum hours of period.
- Maintain accuracy, completeness, and security for medical records and health information.
sr. medical coder
- Scrubb data, such as demographic characteristics, history and extent of disease, diagnostic procedures, or treatment into computer.
- Resolve or clarify codes or diagnoses with conflicting, missing, or unclear information by consulting with providers or others or by participating in the coding team’s regular meetings.
- Use classification manuals to gain additional knowledge of disease and diagnoses processes.
- Identify new methods to optimize medical records management.
- Document examination results with the diagnosis and conditions and treatment plans.
- working on the denial management and processing the claims.
- checking with the insurance and completing the RCM cycle.
- Abstracts, codes, and sequences the classification of medical and surgical procedures, diagnosis, and treatment modalities on outpatient, day surgeries, wound care settings and recurring charts.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to assign ICD-9 CM codes to the highest specificity ensuring that diagnostic codes and documentation accurately reflect and support the visit encounter.
- Maintained a 96% or above accuracy rate
- Maintained consistent daily production of greater than 40-60 reviews per day
- Performed audits of Prospective and Retrospective employees
- Ability to identify ICD-10 CM codes with HCC or RxHCC value
- Assign and sequence all codes for services rendered.
- Comply with all legal requirements regarding coding procedures and practices.
- Conduct audits and coding reviews to ensure all documentation is accurate and precise.
- Communicate with insurance companies about coding errors and disputes.
- Submit statistical data for analysis and research by other departments