- Open, read, route, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Feed letters into electric canceling machine or hand-stamp mail with rubber stamp to cancel postage.
- Loads, unloads, and moves bulk mail and performs other duties incidental to the movement and processing of mail.
- Responsible for sorting and preparing mail for distribution by a mail carrier. Assist in loading mail career vehicles.
mail handler/ mail handler trainer
- SENIOR TRAINER FOR COUNTLESS NEW HIRES. TRAINED NEW EMPLOYEES TO WORK AT OR ABOVE PRODUCTION LEVEL PACE AND EFFICENT WORK FLOW PRACTICES WITHIN THE UNIT PROCESSED THOUSANDS OF PIECES OF MAIL EACH HOUR.
- I WAS AWARDED VARIOUS FORMS OF RECOGNITONS FOR MY CONTRIBUTIONS, ONE OF WHICH WAS BEING SELECTED TO PARTICIPATE IN AN ELITE 2 YEAR TRAINING PROGRAM FOR POST MASTER GENERAL
- Weigh letters and parcels; compute mailing costs based on type, weight, and destination; and affix correct postage.
- Feed mail into postage canceling devices or hand stamp mail to cancel postage.
- Prepare mail for transport to final destination by zip code.
- Repair packages that may have been damaged in transport.
- Look up missing information such as zip codes for packages.
- Use hand jack to move pallets of mail.
- Work with others to load and unload trucks
- Transport mail using forklift, jeep, or power jack.
- print place cards to label mail.
- work with others to process mail for delivery.
- Transported bulk mail to processing machines around the plant
- Prepared mail to be loaded onto carrier trucks
- Operated various mail processing and sorting machines
- Organizes mail according to address and location before it is provided to the mail carrier who will actually deliver it.