Law Clerk Resume Examples
- As an intern and law clerk for Attorney Gamble, I helped her with her various cases involving family and real estate law.
- For Attorney Gamble, I mailed, faxed, or arranged for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- In the office, I received and placed phone calls, organized and maintained law libraries, documents, and case files.
- For some cases, I prepared documents, such as legal correspondence, and organized and maintained documents in paper or in her electronic filing system.
- Prepare and process legal documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, and motions.
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- Organize and maintain
- Assist attorneys in collecting information such as employment, medical, and other records.
- Attend legal meetings, such as client interviews, hearings, or depositions, and take notes.documents, and case files.
- Prepare and draft legal documents, such as wills, deeds, mortgages, leases, and contracts.
- Act as agent for banks or individuals in property settlements.
- Prepare and complete office banking.
- Attend with clients to gather information regarding matters.
senior law clerk
- Providing training, guidance and /or advice to junior on administrative issues.
- Screening phone calls, emails and other correspondence, both internal and external, intended for the CEO in addition to backing up electronic files and hard copy correspondence using proper procedures.
- Responsible for residential property closings, purchase, sale, refinance and private mortgages.
- Responsible for real estate file from start to finish, i.e. conflict search and billing in pc law, opening files in conveyancer and pc law, conducting title search, prepare requisition letters, mortgage documents, transfers and charge using teraview.
- Preparing final reporting for the purchaser’s and vendor’s, banks and other financial institution.
- Maintaining a confidential paper and electronic filing system.
- Assisting lawyer in handling of commercial real estate refinances and purchase transactions.
junior law clerk/ legal assistant
- Composed, typed, and distributed meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports such as presentations
- Operated electronic mail systems and coordinated the flow of information, internally and with other organizations
- Assisted with editing, revision and archiving of files and other administrative duties
- Shadowed law clerks in addition to aiding with tasks and organizing notes and files as necessary
- Provided transcripts of proceedings upon request of judges, lawyers, or the public
- Dealt with telephone queries and ensuring that such queries were handled in a professional, courteous and prompt manner
- Handle commercial and residential real estate purchase, sale, refinance, and private mortgage transactions from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Title search and off-title search; review parcel register; legal documents preparation; instrument preparation and registration in Teraview.
- Communication with clients, brokers, lenders, municipalities, land registry offices, and opposite lawyers
- Complete Business Asset Purchase and Sale transactions and Share Purchase and Sale transactions, including document preparation and updating corporate records with minimal supervision.
- Incorporate corporations and prepare corporate documents for clients, such as Special Resolution, Form 1, and Shareholders’ Agreement.
- Prepared 5 year business plans for clients.
- Consulted with clients on predicted growth of the company.
- Set goals and deadlines for the clients.
- Conducting corporate searches such as corporation profile report, bankruptcy etc.
law clerk/ legal researcher to hmj chandra shekhar
- Record verbatim proceedings of courts,
- Provide transcripts of proceedings upon request of judges and lawyers.
- Read documents on pleadings and motions to ascertain facts and issues and brief the Honorable Justice.
- Review legal publications and perform database searches to identify laws and court decisions relevant to pending cases.
- Draft and prepare the factual matrix as well as pleadings presented in various reserved judgments.
- Compile the Lordship’s various judgments pronounced across separate rosters.
- Research updates to legislation and case law with specific regards to the Commercial and Corporate Law practice area.
- Provide assistance to the Commercial and Corporate practice group in the form of drafting and reviewing internal and external legal documents.
- General legal and other quasi-legal tasks for Commercial and Corporate clients and internal partners to ensure that efficient case management priciniples are upheld.
- As Judge Goldish’s law clerk for a short time during the summer, I ran errands, scanned and filed documents.
- I prepare and process legal documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements.
- I mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- I attend legal meetings, such as client interviews, hearings, or depositions, and take notes.
- Prepare and process legal documents and papers, such as demands, complaints, discovery, and deposition briefs.
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.