- As an intern and law clerk for Attorney Gamble, I helped her with her various cases involving family and real estate law.
- For Attorney Gamble, I mailed, faxed, or arranged for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- In the office, I received and placed phone calls, organized and maintained law libraries, documents, and case files.
- For some cases, I prepared documents, such as legal correspondence, and organized and maintained documents in paper or in her electronic filing system.
- Prepare and process legal documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, and motions.
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
- Organize and maintain
- Assist attorneys in collecting information such as employment, medical, and other records.
- Attend legal meetings, such as client interviews, hearings, or depositions, and take notes.documents, and case files.
- Prepare and draft legal documents, such as wills, deeds, mortgages, leases, and contracts.
- Act as agent for banks or individuals in property settlements.
- Prepare and complete office banking.
- Attend with clients to gather information regarding matters.
senior law clerk
- Providing training, guidance and /or advice to junior on administrative issues.
- Screening phone calls, emails and other correspondence, both internal and external, intended for the CEO in addition to backing up electronic files and hard copy correspondence using proper procedures.
- Responsible for residential property closings, purchase, sale, refinance and private mortgages.
- Responsible for real estate file from start to finish, i.e. conflict search and billing in pc law, opening files in conveyancer and pc law, conducting title search, prepare requisition letters, mortgage documents, transfers and charge using teraview.
- Preparing final reporting for the purchaser’s and vendor’s, banks and other financial institution.
- Maintaining a confidential paper and electronic filing system.
- Assisting lawyer in handling of commercial real estate refinances and purchase transactions.
junior law clerk/ legal assistant
- Composed, typed, and distributed meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports such as presentations
- Operated electronic mail systems and coordinated the flow of information, internally and with other organizations
- Assisted with editing, revision and archiving of files and other administrative duties
- Shadowed law clerks in addition to aiding with tasks and organizing notes and files as necessary
- Provided transcripts of proceedings upon request of judges, lawyers, or the public
- Dealt with telephone queries and ensuring that such queries were handled in a professional, courteous and prompt manner