- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as field research and data collection, laboratory investigations, collaborative experiments
- Prepare students for later grades by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks beyond camp; doing community outreach to help folks connect with goals they established at camp
- Confer with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students’ behavioral and academic problems
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development, such as collecting of marine flora and fauna, terrestrial species accounts, listening to and hearing oral histories and local music
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guest speakers or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities
- Supervised and orchestrated education department
- Created class schedule
- Hired and supervised teachers
- Taught classes on various crafts
- Accurately measured and cut fabric
- Efficiently and accurately processed customers through register
- Offered excellent customer service
- Supervising staff to ensure the STEM Camp curriculum is properly implemented
- Leading activities with children between the ages of 5-13
- Ensuring that all emergency procedures are taught and practiced by all campers and staff
- Completing administrative tasks such as completing incident reports and following up on absent campers
education coordinator/academic advisor
- Collaborate with members of the business community to improve programs and to provide student access to learning opportunities such as internships.
- Serve on academic and administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues.
- Assist with student recruitment, registration, and placement.
- Maintain student attendance information, grades, field experience placement data, and other required records.
- Created all new training materials for business office applications and processes
- Developed and implemented new hire training program
- Developed and implemented QA audit process for business office staff
- Provided on-going training and education to staff
- Collaborated with facility leadership to provide denial prevention training to registration and case management staff