- Process legal documents into ICPS
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to court officials, and attorney’s such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements.
- Swear in witnesses to testify at hearing, jury members, and defendants.
- Reviews misdemeanor court dockets to ensure its accuracy before court proceedings
- Records case dispositions on paper as it is announced and then process it in ICPS.
- Performs administrative support duties and responsibilities assisting multiple work groups within the Courthouse
- Answer inquiries from the public regarding judicial procedures, court appearances, trial dates, outstanding warrants, and payment of fines.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports, such as personnel records, Short Term/Long Term Disability, Workers Comp claims.
- Prepare Minutes/Agenda for board members, Freedom of Information Acts.
- Process Passport Applications, sell cemetery plots,
- Work with County Attorney’s Office on hearings and cases
- Downloaded citations
- Input citation information
- Took payments both over the phone and in person
- Prepared bank deposits
- Letter writing
- Issued subpoenas
- Prepared small claims and civil cases
- Maintains decorum and strict adherence to court regulations
- Input data in automated Case Management System
- Verify and ensure authenticity of documents submitted to the court and judge
- Processed correspondence and court forms
- Assessed fines and costs; compiled financial transactions and conducted cash reconciliations to settle court proceedings
- Provided information by telephone and in person to the public, attorneys, and supporting agencies
- Provided support to the front counter and assisted the post-court and pre-court staff
- Maintain a strong sense of how the Criminal Justice System operates.
- Proficient in CPCMS.
- Assist Judges on Dockets and filings
- Assist the Sheriff’s Department with any questions they may have on cases