collections officer / relationship manager
- Assist customers with regards to their disputes.
- Assisted debtors in setting up payment plans to recover overdue balances.
- Delivered exceptional customer service on all calls while maintaining calm and professional demeanor in challenging circumstances.
- Utilized skip tracing tools to locate clients.
- Located and monitored overdue accounts by using automated systems.
- Abided by rules of Fair Debt Collection Practice Act for fully compliant activities above basic industry standards.
- Received inbound calls and answered questions from customers satisfactorily.
- Telephone overdue account holders via autodialler
- Obtain Promise to pay from overdue cardholder
- Setting review and action dates
- Determine appropriate collection steps
- Recognise fraud and skip trace indicators and refer to appropriate department
- Adherence to privacy and other legal requirements and policies
- Minimal work in the Charge off Prevention Department
- Take inbound calls and deal with customer enquiries
- Maintain high level of customer service at all times
- Payment allocation/ data entry
- Issues collection notices for contracts overdue
- Set up direct debit arrangements
- Negotiate payment arrangements for customers facing financial difficulties
senior collections officer
- Inbound and outbound calls
- Communicating with debtor’s via email in an attempt to resolve their outstanding account.
- Engaging and corresponding with managers and colleagues on a daily basis to achieve desired outcomes.
- Accurately and efficiently adding data into the system and maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Implementing positive collection techniques to resolve an outstanding account.
- Working with colleagues to achieve individual and team KPI’s.
- Skip tracing.
- Contact delinquent accounts by phone and/or mail.
- Analyze financial situation of delinquent borrowers; make recommendations to members to bring accounts current or to repossess collateral when other arrangements are unsuccessful.
- Maintain accurate files and report on all collection activity.
- Testify at legal proceedings as required.
- Inform management of trends in underwriting contributing to delinquent/charged off loans.