- Provides nursing care in physician practices with particular emphasis on patient and educational activities.
- Coordinates and provides direct patient care. Manages telephone triage for patients with health problems.
- Collaborates with physicians and staff as needed to provide comprehensive health care to the patient and to reinforce physician’s instructions.
- Documents nursing actions and patient’s responses.
- Acts as a clinical support and resource to other clinical and clerical staff.
- Maintains environment characterized by trust, acceptance, recognition and respect.
- Complies with safety and emergency procedures consistent with policies and procedures.
- Provide emotional support and reassurance for patients.
- Provide oral health education to improve and maintain the oral health of patients.
- Schedule appointments, prepare bills and receive payment for dental services and maintain records, manually or using computer.
- Prepare patient, sterilize or disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, or assist dentist during dental procedures. and sterilize dental instruments.
- Help Manage business, supervising staff and handling paperwork and insurance claims.
- Maintain business website and marketing campaigns.
- Maintaining compliments and complaints register and general incident register.
- Reports possible problematic situations to the practice manager. Reports problems of a clinical nature to the physician(s).
- Assists with monitoring, assessing and implementing quality assurance measures.
- Participates in quality assurance activities and all training seminars.
- Demonstrates courtesy, respect and caring to patients, families, physicians and staff, and maintains professional rapport with all external parties and organizations.
- Worked in a residential treatment facility for emotionally disturbed children and adolescents.
- Advocated for patients to resolve crises.
- Organized support groups or counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting the patient.
- Modified treatment plans to comply with changes in clients’ status.
- Planned discharge from care facility to home or other care facility.
- Assists in orientation of new employees to the practice, shares pertinent information and effectively teaches others to perform tasks accurately.
- Ensures confidentiality of employee, legal, client/patient, budget and all company matters.
- Develops the schedule for clinical support staff. Must coordinate with the physicians’ schedule and ensures adequate staffing is available at all times.
- Develops office procedures by working with the providers and the Practice Manager.