Case Worker Resume Examples
- Develop and review service plans in consultation with child and the parents , and perform follow-ups assessing the quantity and quality of services provided.
- Counsel children whose behavior, school progress, or mental or physical impairment indicate a need for assistance and arranging for needed services.
- Investigate child abuse or neglect cases and take authorized protective action when necessary.
- Advocate for children to resolve crises.
- Counsel clients and patients in individual and group sessions to help them overcome dependencies, recover from illness, and adjust to life.
- Monitor, evaluate, and record child progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan.
- Keep records or prepare reports for manager or management concerning visits with children
- Provide direct service and support to individuals or clients who have experienced or escaping Domestic & Family Violence.
- Conducting a needs assessment and to develop a case plan.
- Prepare and file legal immigration forms for clients
- Translate legal documents from Spanish to English.
- Resolve clients complaints or answer customers’ questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Listen to client requests, Getting information and updates that will help on the client’s claim.
- Multitasking, Emailing case lawyers to give updates on client’s situations and requests.
- Assist in locating housing for displaced individuals.
- Record patients’ medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records. ((Ensure that clients needs are being addressed once initial settling in has taken place.))
- Record patients’ medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records
- record clients histories with regard to drug/alcohol/gambling choices, and time spent using.))
- take note of all of the clients personal information. Next of kin, drug allergies.
- Train other staff, volunteers or student assistants, and schedule and supervise thei
- Provided clients with detailed instructions on how to fill out intake forms.r work.
- Accessing client needs, and developing strategy to help client.
- Lead group counseling sessions that provide support in such areas as grief, stress, or chemical dependency.
- Focuses on the support needs of children, young people, their birth family and their carer families when children are placed in an alternative living arrangement.
- Undertake case management work in line with the accredited Policy and Practice framework which includes intensive family work for children/ young people within Relative and Kinship placements and foster care placements.
- Working directly with children, young people and families to support them to achieve change that keeps children and young people safe and improves their social, emotional, health and educational outcomes.
- Day-to-day care, therapeutic support and development of young people in accordance to their care plan, ensuring that their social, emotional, physical, and cultural needs are met.
- To provide support and supervision to caregivers and placement’s.
- Undertake risk assessments and work with families to address the risks.
- Work in line with current legislation, standards and guidelines.
- Plan or conduct programs to prevent substance abuse or improve community health or counseling services.
- Worked with families on the TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) program
- Assisted participants find and keep employment
- Assisted participants in all required job search and preparation activities
- Qualifications in Social Work/Social Science/Community Welfare or other relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Possess good negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including Highly developed interpersonal skills with an ability to relate positively and confidently with a wide range of people, in a variety of settings
- Willingness to work within the ethos and Mission Statement of the St Vincent de Paul Society
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work/client load
- Sound knowledge of, and an ability to access, a range of relevant community resources, particularly in the areas of drug and alcohol services, mental health, legal assistance, income support, employment service providers, training and accommodation, family assistance and permanent housing options.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to work independently and unsupervised.
- Interview clients individually, assessing their situations, capabilities, and problems, to determine what services are required to meet their needs.
- Develop, implement and maintain plans being; Case Plan’s, Behavior Management Plan, Cultural Plan, Contact Plan’s and are regularly reviewed which are reflective of the child’s needs. Completion progress reports and court reports for young people in Out of Home Care.
- Completion of tasks like; general case notes, supervised/un-supervised contact notes, caregiver supervision notes, section 149 checklists, assessment and action records, assess reports of alleged child abuse via completing incident reports, mandatory reporters guide and helpline reports and develop safety or risk management plans to ensure the safety for children and young people in care.
- Support and management of a case load, which I currently manage a caseload of 10 Children/ Young People in Out of Home Care ranging from aged 1 – 15 years of age.
- Interview clients to assess their situations, capabilities, and problems, to determine what services are required to meet their needs.
- Participated in the agency’s recall roster, to provide after-hours support to children, young people, caregivers or birth families.
- Sound knowledge of WHS legislation as it relates to the workplace.
- Understanding of child protection issues, legislation and requirements.
PROFESSIONAL RESUME TEMPLATES
Choose from 20+ tailored-built templates that have landed thousands of
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.
people like you the jobs they were dreaming of.