- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the billing process of production to ensure correct orders and special request
- Conduct employee training with procedures and operation of invoices and seals
- Interpret specifications,
- Maintain operations data, such as time order was completed and released, credit memos, and invoice records for audits or claims, and prepare management report for trailers available for order shipments
- Recommend or execute personnel actions, such as hirings, evaluations, and promotions.
- Use computers for various applications,invoicing, Word processing, etc
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages or transfer calls to appropriate individuals
- Prepared accounts receivable invoices.
- Reviewed sales reports for month end closeouts.
- Comply with USDA paperwork and documents to export production to foregin countries
- Verify orders with correct Customer and Transportation to comply with requests and regulations
- Accomplish billing human resource objectives by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling employees
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, recommendations and adhering to policies and procedures
- Prepare and Approve credit memos by reviewing documentation
- Accomplish billing departmental objectives by measuring billing results against plans; evaluating and improving methods; making required changes.
- Updating billing policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines.
- Supervise a full team ensuring standards, deadlines, and proper procedures are adhered to.
- Train and instruct employees in job duties.
- Evaluate employees’ job performance and discuss job performance problems with employees to identify causes and issues and to work on resolving problems.
- Make recommendations and assist management with staffing decisions or procedural changes.
- Supervise billing and receivables staff
- Verify that all order information (i.e. rates, PO #’s, manifest #’s, etc) meets the customer’s billing requirements and is complete and accurate
- Update billing policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines
- Maintain company spreadsheets to ensure proper billing procedures are being followed
- Verify that all supporting documentation , receipts, rate confirmations, etc. have been added to the order in imaging
- Research and complete credit/rebills
- Identify issues causing billings delays and/or errors and make recommendations for process improvement