- Handling Inbound and Outbound calls on healthcare benefits.
- Need to setup an appointment with the customer regarding his insurance information.
- Also audit and prepare all the Medicare information of the retirees for the next day call.
- Calls audit.
- Perform billing assistance duties in a business or corporate setting facility.
- Prepare and send invoices to clients and customers.
- Process, prepare and complete third party invoices.
- Check and issue billing adjustments to customers.
- Check, print and validate billings and invoices.
- Track, check and process delinquent invoices.
- Track, verify and mail customer refund checks.
- Patient Customer Service
- Perform daily closing and balancing of payments and receipts.
- Maintain and manage daily logs of transactions in an organized manner.
- Coordinate with accounts receivable and accounts payable departments
- Obtain referrals and pre-authorizations as required for procedures.
- Check and verify patient’s insurance eligibility and benefits.
- Review superbills for accurracy and enter charges with appropriate diagnosis and modifers.
- Scrub claims to insure accuracy especially concerning payer’s rules.
- Prepare, review and transmitting claims using billing software including electronic and paper claims.
- Identify and bill secondary claims with copy of EOB from primary insurance.
- Enter payments from insurance and check for correctness.
- Prepare charts for upcoming medical appointments to review and verify medical and vision insurance eligibility.
- Work any appeals needed for claims denied by insurance.
- Run reports for outstanding balances, print statements, set-up payment plans and work accounts for collection.
- Answer all patient and insurance phone calls concerning claims and patient’s account.