apprentice / gravure printer / print foreman
- Over the course of my time with Simba Quix I worked in a variety of roles.
- I initially completed my Rotary Gravure printing trade
- I went on to run the most sophisticated gravure machines in the country
- We predominantly printed, laminated and converted all Simba Chips packaging as well as sweet packaging and Unilever speciality products
- I broke every production record necessitating the cost accountants to re cost all manufacturing overheads, re establish new standards as well as budgets within the company.
- At 21 I was promoted to Print Foreman in charge of 30 staff and was the youngest ever gravure print foreman in the country.
- Provide building interior and exterior design concepts.
- Coordinate structural, electrical and mechanical designs and determine a method of presentation to graphically represent building plans.
- Water lawns, trees, or plants, using portable sprinkler systems, hoses, or watering cans.
- Rake, mulch, and compost leaves.
- Lookout every night (watchkeeping)
- Orginazing work material
- Managing time
- Clean working surface to remove scale, dust, soot, or chips of brick and mortar, using broom, wire brush, or scraper such as the wheel barrow which had lots of cement stuck in it.
- Assisting in the laying of fresh cement to create a new path and ramp.
- Cleaning up tangled power cables and packing away equipment.
- Doing anything I was told to do, with guidance in some cases.
- Worked across 4 sectors – Manufacture, Infrastructure, Hospitality and Healthcare in 20+ Statutory, Internal and Tax Audits.
- Performed CSR verification and Statutory Audit of a leading Private Infrastructure company with revenue of more than INR 5000 million.
- Managed onsite teams on the conversion of statutory framework of the companies according to International Regulations.
- Review selected tax returns to determine the nature and extent of audits to be performed on them.