- Train other staff, preceptor for potential new ward clerks.
- Experience in Hospital Systems & Programs
- Communicate with duties as directed.
- Preparing charts on admission & discharges.
- Ability to perform as a team member.
- Understanding of Medical Terminology.
- Processing patient labs & files.
- Worked on the ICU, telemetry, and Med-Surg Units
- Transcribed orders, and accurately entered data into medical systems
- Point of contact for all new patients and patients ready for discharge
- Responsible for facilitating the patient intake and discharge process
ward clerk / cna
- Adding medications into the EMAR
- Writing and sending memos
- Being the face of the nurses station
- Assisting residents and their families
- Staffing for all the nurses and stna’s
- Ordering of supplies for the building.
- Admissions in which I get all the clinical information for the patients and I call the insurance companies to obtain pre-certification for admission to our facility.
- Backup for social service for two years. I do admission paperwork, discharge paperwork, set up PT/OT and nursing for patients being discharged.
- Work closely with Ruthann Conrad the current social worker to learn her job and how to do it properly.
- In activities I was in charge of that department due to illness of previous director. I did monthly and quarterly evaluations during that time.
- Ordering ward stock
- Assisting nursing staff(non clerical)
- Front of house duties
- Liaising with ward managers
- Liaising with Doctors in regards to appointments
- Inpatient bed bookings
- Maintaining ward wifi networks