- Process patient admission or discharge documents.
- Compile medical care and census data for statistical reports on diseases treated, surgery performed, or use of hospital beds.
- Prepare statistical reports, narrative reports, or graphic presentations of information, such as tumor registry data for use by hospital staff, researchers, or other users.
- Heavy phone calls scheduling consults for doctors in Emergency Department.
- Bed placement for patients.
- Welcome patients, obtain personal information and paperwork necessary for admission.
- Transcribe physician orders which includes; record patients personal information, medication orders, daily routines, and appointment schedules.
- Order patient labs both routinely and on demand, enter diet information into database, order x-rays, schedule medical procedures and replenish patient supplies routinely and on demand.
- Interpret cardiac rhythms and report to physicians and nurses.
unit clerk/ cna
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients’ condition.
- Perform general office duties, such as answering telephone
- Informed hospital personnel of cardiac codes.
- Interpret physician orders.
- Prepared and compiled records in nursing unit of hospital or medical facility
- Prepared/organized patient charts such as physicians’ orders, instructions, dietary requirements, and medication allergies on patient charts and medical records
- Maintained files of medical records on patients in the unit
- Professionally utilized resources such as medical service coordinators & insurance companies to properly place patients into a fitting program, clinical treatment and/or nursing home after discharge
- Properly escalated any patient’s or visitor’s concerns to the rightful department or manager
- Answered multi-line telephone system, provided information and directed calls.
- Obtained and organized medical records for office visits and scheduled labs.
- prepared admissions charts and scanned records.
- Completing admission and discharge paper work.