- First point-of-contact for three hospitals within UnityPoint network in the Peoria-area
- Assist callers with transfers to appropriate departments within the hospitals and network affiliates, following set guidelines
- Assist hospital staff with communication using phone, pager, PA system, etc.
- Retain records of daily activities including emergency pages
- Receiving and placing outgoing calls
- Assist Cashiering duties
- Room and conferences reservations
- Assisting in reception duties
- Receiving and directing information to the respective departments
switchboard operator/records and referral specialist/phlebotomist
- Receive incoming patient phone calls according to office standards of conduct.
- Answer patient questions and address concerns.
- Direct inbound phone calls to appropriate recipient.
- Page appropriate parties using intercom system.
- Provided customer service to all patients via telephone.
- Collect and file patient records according to office standards.
- Speak with various insurance carriers to verify coverage and obtain prior authorization.
switchboard operator/schedule operator
- Receive and route a high volume of incoming calls.
- Listen to a patients concerns and translate those into a format for use by medical professionals.
- Maintain friendly and professional disposition in the face of sometimes challenging public attitudes and stances.
- Stay positive and be kind to the patient!
- Answer and transfer all calls coming into Loyola Academy twice a week for two hours at a time.