- Answer incoming calls and assist with hospital outgoing calls in a timely manner
- Assume responsibilities for all codes including Code Red for fire notifications to Code Blue for patient emergencies.
- Provide answering services for off shift hours for multiple departments including Medical Equipment, HomeCare, Emergent Angioplasty, Cath Lab On Call, Princeton Psychiatrists On Call, Chaplain On-Call and Social Services On-Call.
- Handle all short term beeper requests for procurement or returning beepers and notify appropriate staff for lost and/or stolen beepers.
- Coordinate phone repairs with phone techs and staff which includes scheduling times for them to meet and troubleshooting troubles prior to passing to tech.
- Maintain multiple 1000 phone page directories for Physicians, Staff and other areas.
- Operated the hospitals switchboard and paging system
- Cross Trained in certain areas of hospital intake
- Distributed face sheets and insurance benefits sheets to proper disciplines
- Maintained the safe log,vehicle key logs and hospital key logs
- Maintained vistor log and greeted visitors in professional manner
- Answered emergency phone and communicated with emergency hospital staff, and town police and fire department
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate parties.
- Collect and deposit money into accounts, disburse funds from cash accounts , keep records of collections and disbursements, and ensure accounts are balanced.
- Use computers for various applications, such as database management or word processing ( City’s Sire Program.)
- Log in all deliveries and contact proper departments.
- Answered the phone for two hospitals
- Paged all emergency codes for two hospitals
- Beeped doctors for patients
- Dispatched security
- answer incoming phone calls and route them to the person or department needed to properly address the customer on the other end of the line.
- Perform various clerical tasks, such as filing, copying, and receiving incoming packages from the post office or private services.
- Take detailed messages for individuals who are not available to accept phone calls. They also retrieve voice mail messages left by customers.
- direct visite customers to areas within the property where they can have their needs, questions, or problems addressed.
- Make outbound calls to various parties as requested, including international calls. They also contact multiple parties to arrange conference calls upon request.
- Monitor phone lines to see how long customers are waiting on hold and to address them when hold times become too long.