surgery scheduler/surgery receptionist
- Contact medical facilities to schedule patients for procedures
- Greet and log in patients arriving at the surgery center
- Schedule appointments and procedures
- Inventory office supplies or equipment. for patients.
- Prior authorizations for procedures.
- Coordinated Pre-Op, and Post-Op testing appointments.
- Maintained and audited the surgery schedule and applied scheduling guidelines in an efficient and equitable manner.
- Assisted surgeons, anesthesiologists, and charge nurse is the operating room.
- Schedule surgeries at various locations according to provider protocols.
- Explain treatment procedures instructions t
- Perform general office duties, such as answering telephones, taking dictation
- Verifies necessary demographic and clinical information in computer system.
- Obtain authorization for surgeries and diagnostic tests by contacting appropriate insurance carriers.
- Manage surgery services, including planning, scheduling and coordination with other offices and/or equipment reps.
- Perform general office duties, such as answering telephones, completing insurance forms.
- Prepare statistical reports, narrative reports, or graphic presentations of information.
- Review insurance policy terms to determine coverage of surgery costs