- Assists with day-to-day operations of an established Baltimore-based fiber company studio which hand dyes more than 100 pounds of yarn a week and delivers to 24 stores around the country.
- Primary job duties include:Spinning, winding, and twisting various varieties of yarn.
- Labeling and packaging dyed yarn for shipping to multiple stores nationwide and to seven external shows per year
- Assisting customers and ringing up purchases
- Work with customers as a greeter and cashier
- Restock, run back room, and inspect truck orders.
- Assisted in creation of art pieces
- Assisted in clerical work
- Assisted photographers on editorial and and advertorial shoots with lighting/grip setup and breakdown.
- Organized studio and equipment.
- Oversaw delivery and pickup of products and props.
- Directed pre-production work such as preparing sets and painting for upcoming shoots.
- Instructed and engaged customers on how to paint products
- Led and managed birthday parties and other special functions
- Set up and cleaned up the store
- Created sample products for marketing and promotion
- Performed monthly inventory checks
- Modelling art components in Rhinoceros.
- Prepare art gallery for large sculpture installation.
- Install and assemble large sculpture at installation site.
- Fabrication of wood components for art installation.
- Painting various display components for art installation.
- Handle sensitive archival materials for art exhibition.