- Ensure the store is cleaned and organized for the next day.
- Greet and assist all customers.
- Speedy transactions to keep the flow.
- Enroll customers into awards programs.
store clerk / assistant manager
- Receiving orders
- Approach customers and ask if they need assistance
- Keep store in order
- Unbox new products, price, and put them on display
- Received new orders
- Made bank runs
- Filed financial aid forms/bills
- Kept store tidy and organized
- Coordinated with sales associates to ensure customer needs were met. maintained and organized the appearance of the front desk, responded to customers problems, provide solutions, and referred customers inter-departmentally to provide options.
- Cook food or prepare food items, such as sandwiches, salads, and ice cream dishes, using standard formulas or following directions. Operate slicing or wrapping machines.
- Requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.stock products for machines on production lines
- Identify case issues and evidence needed, based on analysis of charges, complaints, over shipments under shipments .
- Regularly assessed sales floor stock levels to replenish with back stock merchandise before depletion.
- Resolved complaints by providing knowledgeable, quick service to meet any need and promote loyalty.
- Checked packages and merchandise for damage and quickly notified vendors to request replacements.
- Promoted sales by merchandising products, completing recovery tasks and updating signage for special promotions.
- Alternated goods in inventory by observing “first in, first out” approach to keep shelves organized and properly stocked.
- Inspected work areas for cleanliness and obstacles and removed cartons and boxes to keep work areas organized and hazard-free.
- Assisted customer by locating items, processing payments and carrying out heavy purchases.