- Greet and check-in patients at the front desk.
- Shadow the physician and other various medical personal including medial assistants and radiologists.
- Study and practice with commonly used medical equipment in a primary care setting.
- Participate in meetings between the physician and pharmaceutical spokespeople in discussing the prospects of prescribing a new drug.
- Organize and retrieve patient charts while following ethical codes that protect patient confidentiality.
- Able to manage a minimum of two patients per hour on average and able to manage a minimum of three to four patients per hour during surge periods.
- Escort patients to exam rooms, xrays or other facilities on site as needed
- Maintain quick pace in fast paced urgent care facility for duration of scheduled shift
- Facilitating any necessary diagnostic tests (e.g., CT, MRI, ultrasounds, etc.) and referrals to medical specialists for follow-up care via Aftercare
- Assisting the physician with basic patient care and medical procedures set-ups
- Communicating with patients, pharmacies, and physicians over the phone under physician guidance
- Helping maintain a clean, courteous, and professional working environment
- Communicate with physicians about patent medical records.