- Procedures and treatments performed by other medical providers, including nurses and midlevel providers
- Performs delegated responsibilities in which education and training has been provided and competency assessed
- Provides care and performs duties in accordance with the plan of care, unit routine, and hospital policy
- Accompany the provider into the exam room to document all provider/patient interactions
- Accurately and thoroughly document medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the medical provider, including but not limited to
- Accompany the provider into the exam room to document provider/patient interactions
- Manage and sort medical documents in the EMR system
- Documentation of meeting minutes and reports
- Professional communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Research for client product
- Use of sharepoint platforms for team communication
- Client confidentiality
- Conduct presentations on research findings for clients
- Accurately and throughly document medical visits and procedures and they are being preformed by the physician.
- Utilize the EMR system to enter patient data.
- Electronically fax completed office visit note to various parties including insurance companies and attorneys.
- Recording physician dictated diagnoses, prescriptions, and instruments for patients discharge and follow-ups.
- Work one on one with physicians of various specialties to obtain accurate medical histories and charts in the EMR
- Have expansive medical literacy, develop professional relationships with healthcare providers, and be a proficient typist
- Accompanied physicians through the day in fast-paced, stressful environments.
- Accepted dictated notes and produced professional documents with outlined information.
- Medical scribes maintain emergency medical records.
- Improve workflow for the medical treatment team, and enhances the physician/patient experience.
- The duties of a scribe consist of documenting and assisting with patient history, physical examination, family, social, and past medical history.
- Other duties include documenting procedures, lab results, dictated radiographic impressions made by the supervising physician, and other information pertaining to the patients encounter in the Emergency Department or other clinical medical settings.