- Assist the Physicians in gaining access to old medical records, laboratory/radiology results, and other important documents relevant for the treatment of their patient
- Document patient visits including clinical findings, differential diagnoses and assessments.
- Charts encounters between physicians or other practitioners and patients in real time and organizes care data to maximize efficiency and productivity of clinical care in actual medical exams
- Analyze large groups of patients to find potential study candidates.
- Attends classes with disabled students to record what is requested to be written
- Communicates with faculty to ensure proper accommodation
- Functions assistive technology for student use
- Manage electrophysiological devices such as pacemakers, ICDs, and loop monitors.
- Quickly note information valuable to the visit or situation
- Type quickly and accurately to increase visit efficiency
- Provide assistance to physicians
- Taking part in patient visits, and handling medical accounts
- Helping medical staff remember patient, and improve medical care
- Assist in physician’s work flow by updating them when labs and radiology have been completed.
- Inform the physician of abnormal radiology and lab findings.
- Train incoming scribes on proper charting and in assisting the physician’s work flow.
- Score the trainees based on the observations obtained during their training shift and keep records of their progress through out training.
- Accompanied physician during patient consultations and assisted in recording patient history and physical exam findings into the electronic medical record.
- Documented procedures completed, diagnoses, treatment plans, prescriptions, discharge and follow-up information.
- Transcribed all ancillary test results, including any lab tests, radiographic studies, and ECGs.
- Meticulously review all charts to improve consistency, quality, and completeness.
- Facilitated communication between physician and medical team.