- Assemble information concerning patient’s clinical background and referral needs. Per referral guidelines, provide appropriate clinical information to specialist
- Review details and expectations about the referral with patients
- Ensure that referrals are addressed in a timely manner
- Remind patients of scheduled appointments via mail or phone
- Ensure complete and accurate registration, including patient demographic and current insurance information.
- Assemble information concerning patient’s clinical background and referral needs. Per referral guidelines, provide appropriate clinical information to specialist.
- Ensure that referrals are addressed in a timely manner from PCP or specialist.
- Scheduling and informing patents of specialty appointments and surgical procedures.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-9/ICD-10 coding.
- Answering multi-line telephone system.
- Expedited patient referrals to specialty offices, faxed medical records, answered patient and specialty office calls and completed referral requests.
- Scheduled patient appointments with specialists and remind patients of the appointments.
- Maintained liaison with insurance companies to ensure completion of all referral related activities.
- Maintained records of completed as well as in-process referrals.
- Verify, follow up and maintain tracking of authorizations daily
- update insurance coverage prior to patients appointment (procedures, injections, ultrasound and other specialty services)
- Communicate clearly with staff and patients
- Submit for treatment orders such as physical therapy, MRI, CT, durable medical equipment
- Obtain authorization and follow up with patient upon approval
- Task may include other duties such as faxing, answering phones, scheduling appointments
- Coordinate care from the ER, hospital, and primary care physicians with the appropriate orthopedic surgeon.
- Respond to calls from M.D and schedule patient’s specialty appointments
- Verified insurance documentation
- Contact medical doctors regarding appoints with local hospitals