- Performed regular segment cycle counts and monthly inventory audits to maintain accurate records
- Supported promotional plans by updating signage with price changes
- Maintained current knowledge of shelf planograms and end cap plans to effectively merchandise products
- Designed and constructed advertising signs to attract customers and promote sales
- Performed light housekeeping and cleaning by discarding trash and cardboard and sweeping and mopping floors
- Cleaned and sanitized all work surfaces and equipment in accordance with company guidelines
- Scanned shelves and product cases to locate expired, outdated and spoiled items
- Provide customers with product details, such as food origin or preparation details.
- Checked product shelves to review for proper price labels and handled price changes when requested by management
- Monitored refrigeration, freezer and cooling areas to ensure proper functioning and reported any issues to supervisor
- Pleasantly greeted customers and provided prompt and courteous service at all times
- Helping to manage the department.
- Cleaned shelves and restocked with food and other merchandise when product was running low
- Maintained safe, neat and clean working environment at all times
- Operated various types of equipment including balers, power jacks and slicing machines
- Trained new hires in the evening
- Do a breakdown of the department each night
- Perform other duties throughout the store like bagging and helping grocery stock shelves
- Keep the department full and neat
- Provided customers with product details, such as nutrition values or preparation descriptions.
- Sliced fruits, vegetables, or meats for use in food service.
- Wrapped, labeled, or date food items for sale.
- Unloaded delivery trucks and keep inventory of stock currently on hand.