- interact with customers daily and ask in what they need
- manage vegetables and fruits
- Coordinate other employees and plan ahead for the tasks needed to be done for the day.
- Clean and close down the salad bar.
- Responsible for stocking produce by maintaining inventory control, which requires unloading trucks, receiving and unpacking boxes and crates, code dating, price marking, stocking and restocking shelves, refrigerated sections and displays with fresh produce.
- Greeted customers, provided directions within the store and answered questions
- Followed the store’s rules for proper produce handling, while adhering to local, state and federal health regulations
- Used equipment and accessories, such as knives, and slicers to prepare, display and keep the food fresh and properly price-marked
- Stocked, rotated and culled produce. Keeping displays fresh and clean.
- Lifted heavy boxes up to 50 lbs throughout the day.
- Ordered and organized produce stock.
- Cut, prepped and cleaned fresh fruit and vegetables. Made salads, parfaits, fruit bowls and vegetable trays.
- In charge of ordering produce and supplies for department and salad bar.
- Acquired knowledge of a variety of common and ethnic produce.
- Accommodating Product to fit refrigerated storage spaces.
- Providing samples, of different produce to customers.
- Helping customers choose products depending on specific preferences.
- Organizing products in accordance to expiration dates.
- Proving insight on different produce based on customer familiarity.
- Fill shelves at a high rate of efficiency
- Aid customers in finding any item
- Using handhelds to mark down items
- Cleaning floors
- Sanitizing cutting boards
- Doing dishes
- Putting truck loads in cooler