- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations.
- Confer with customers in person to provide information about products.
- Worked as part of a team responsible for maintaining a high standard of aesthetics, cleanliness, and efficiency within the produce department of a high class grocery store.
- Maintained appropriate levels of stock available to the public, cleaning displays to avoid contamination, and interacting with customers in a friendly and welcoming manner.
- Stay on a strict time schedule in order to complete all responsibilities
- Practice customer service on the sales floor
- Organize produce products
- Collaborate with other employees to ensure full coverage of the sales floor
- Train and teach new employees
- Acquire extensive knowledge of product to ensure customer satisfaction
- Inspecting fresh produce for bruises, or other ailments not fit for public consumption.
- Greeted all customers
- Handled products and equipment in accordance with safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Stocked, priced, front-faced and rotated merchandise.
- Bring in pallets with the power jack and break them down on to carts in a timely, organized fashion.
- Operate the baler/hand-jacks. Make bales.
- Set up and arrange displays of the week’s sales items.
- Organize the back rooms.
- Rotate and front items on the shelves.
- Clean the floors, display cases, and wash dishes.
- Scan out items that are bad/out of date.
- Stocking and Restocking product
- Cleaning product stands, the produce cooler, and customer supplies/tools (weight scales, bag racks, etc.)
- Pull and dispose of bad product
- Organize cooler
- Break down fresh product and put it in it’s correct spot in the cooler when it arrives in the morning