senior postal clerk
- Answer questions regarding mail regulations and procedures, postage rates.
- Provide assistance to the public in complying with federal regulations of Postal Service and other federal agencies.
- Provide students/faculty with assistance in filing claims for mail theft, or lost or damaged mail or packages.
- Transport mail.
- Process passports and collect fees due.
- Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as passport records, mailing accounts.
- Dispatched 190k lbs of mail; upheld delivery timelines to 5 US gateways/ 35 OS locations–zero delayed reports files
- Championed supply custodian account; inventoried 250 mission-essential line items
- Processed 113k parcel/ltr class; unloaded post truck/sorted/pitched mail in 6 hrs–exceeded DoD suspense by 18 hrs
- Provided top notch customer service to 12k US military service members and DoD ID Government ID card holding patrons
- Provide services to customers, such as Postage service or account information.
- Open, sort, and route incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail
- Coordinate or perform activities associated with shipping, receiving, distribution, or transportation of mail.
- Cash money orders.
- Sort, sequence and batch mail items
- Operate a computer to key in data, when applicable
- Review mail items for address accuracy, proper postage, etc.
- Maintain a high level of postal product, services, and delivery knowledge
- Responsible for receiving, sorting and distributing all mail parcels to city and rural carriers and postal customers, Assist customers with their shipping needs and ensure correct postage is on each parcel.
- Path payable
- Register letters
- Distribution of mails in a timely manner