- Provided care and treatment for patients per physician directions.
- Assisted in patient examinations, administered injections and medications performed wound and incision care, collected necessary specimens and conducted minor laboratory tests.
- Provided cleaning and sterilization of medical instruments and equipment.
- Inform physician of patient’s condition during pregnancy.
- Analyze and interpret patients’ histories, symptoms, physical findings, or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses along side the orthopedic surgeon.
- Contacted insurance companies for pre authorizations for surgeries.
- Contacted patients following surgeries to ensure their pain was controlled, drainage was minimal to none and to see if there were any symptoms of infection, i.e., redness, warmth, fever or purulent drainage to surgical site.
- Assisted with the placing of casts and steroid injections to joints.
office nurse, nuclear department
- Adenosine/Dobutamine Treadmill Testing
- Employee Health: TB skin testing, flu immunizations, education classes for 50 office employees
- Wound Care.
- Fluent in Spanish.