- Prepare and revise nursing policies that benefit nursing staff and improve clinical care
- Plan budgets for the nursing department and arrange for purchase of nursing consumables
- Coordinate with other department heads to ensure smooth flow of daily activities in the hospital
- Review and discuss regarding specifications or orders for the purchase of hospital
- Implementing the recruitment, hiring, and retention processes.
- Manage all the staff working in multiple nursing units
- Planning new patient services,
- Direct, supervise and evaluate work activities of medical, nursing, technical, clerical, service, maintenance, and other personnel to provide high quality patient care and patient satisfaction
- Conducting yearly appraisal for performance assessments
- Representing nursing department at board meeting
- Preparing morbidity reports accordingly
- Conduct and administer fiscal operations, including planning budgets, authorizing expenditures, establishing rates for services, and coordinating financial reporting.
- Maintain communication between medical staff and department heads by attending departmental meetings and coordinating interdepartmental functioning.
- Utilize LEAN methodology as a form of process improvement and departmental development.
- Investigating incidents and preparing Incident reports when necessary
- Consult with appropriate health practitioners when necessary.
- Managed the care of 50 patient’s: Medical Appointments, Medications, Physician Orders, Annual Labs.
- Provide insight relating to changes in the department and company wide.
- Direct, supervise and evaluate work activities of nursing staff.
- Determine staffing need.
- Maintain an open line of communication between departments.
- Direct staff through quickly changing situations.
- Doing wards and units rounds to ensure smooth flow of work and patient care being done
- Attending training and continuous nursing education to keep abreast with current practices advancements
- Provide guidance to new staff.
- Communicate with Pharmacy and Insurance companies to ensure coverage medications and complete prior authorizations as needed.