- Providing comprehensive HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis (TB) care. This ranges from diagnosis, counselling, psychosocial support, treatment, disease monitoring and follow-up.
- Leading a diverse team of professionals that run the HIV/TB clinics, overseeing and supervising lower cadre health professionals.
- Working directly with the Monitoring and Evaluation team to ensure proper clinical data collection.
- Analysis of clinic data and using it as a tool to identify gaps and for improving quality of service offered by the HIV clinic.
- Organising continuous medical education sessions
- Coordination of outreach (community-based) HIV activities. These include community drug deliveries, HIV testing and prevention campaigns.
- Preparation of periodic reports.
- Oversaw the financial, logistical, and operational management of a combat support hospital. These typically consist of 5 departments; primary care, patient hold, physical therapy, dentistry, and laboratory services.
- Responsible for the supervision and professional development of 36 personnel. This includes EMTs, Nurses, PAs, NPs, Physical Therapists, Dentists, and Physicians.
- Maintained an inventory log for 5.2 million dollars worth of medical equipment. Responsible for coordinating repairs/maintenance, trouble shooting product issues, and improvising solutions when inevitable deficiencies occurred.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, assistants, specialists, residents, and other medical staff.
senior medical officer
- Direct, supervise and evaluate the work activities of the technical and clinical team in providing behavioral, biomedical and structural HIV prevention interventions
- Maintain communication between the senior management team and technical and clinical staff by attending board meetings and coordinating interdepartmental functioning.
- ensure data quality, assurance and compliance in the use of the electronic medical record system (eMR) to produce reports
- develop, implement and ensure adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs), protocols, guidelines and policies
- prepare monthly and quarterly technical reports
- plan, develop and track progress of terms of reference (TOR) and program budgets
- oversee the biomedical/clinical components of the RV368 TRUST research study.
- Prepare case histories.
- Conduct research to develop and test surgical techniques that can improve operating procedures and outcomes.
- Organizing Health Education campaigns to the clients
- ensure the Centre adheres to local, state and federal laws, regulations and statutes.
- Facilitate the outpatient clinic, provide acute clinical care and assess patient need for admission.
- Conduct ward rounds and provide comprehensive inpatient care.
- Develop training materials and conduct in-service and external training programs
- provide primary care and treat patients in line with best practices