- I oversee and facilitate the completion of resident assessments at nursing facilities.
- I manage the assessment process,sets the assessment schedules and assures that assessments are done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinates the patient care plan ensuring that important resources are made available to patients and that patient care is delivered effectively and to a satisfactory standard.
- Create schedule for Medicare and Medicaid, initiates coverage for newly qualified patients, remain updated on changes and determine documents needed for reimbursement
- Managing Assessment Reference date and work closely with therapy, to maximize reimbursement with Medicare and Medicaid.
- Manage Restorative programs.
- Case management with regards to prior authorization, and updates to continue payment.
- Provide ADL education to nursing staff as needed.
- Daily PPS meetings with Business Office Manager, and Rehab Manager to ensure admit date and last covered days are accurate, and monitoring of COT checks and ARD.
mds coordinator/assistant director of nursing
- Completion of MDS, PPS, and OBRA assessments
- Work with families to plan or implement plans designed to improve the overall health of residents.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity in accordances to weight program and restorative program
- Instruct individuals, families, or other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention and development health improvement programs.