- As a middle person between customer and supplier.
- Planning material according to customer forecast.
- Work closely with respective party to meet all customer demand.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors or distributors to manage product distribution, establishing distribution networks or developing distribution strategies.hased items.
- Schedule the supply of materials/components to meet production requirements and minimum safety stock levels.
- Assess volume requirements against planning assumptions.
- Day-to-day order management and management of deliveries.
- Take follow up actions in relation to material shortages that affect production.
- Ensure that data is accurate and up to date and resolve any issues as required.
- Monitor inventory levels against agreed target levels.
- Support inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy.
material planner (raw and packaging materials)
- Going through all MRP Material Exceptions on SAP on a weekly basis and ensure that all orders are placed within the stipulated lead times and ensure orders are placed based on most updated production plans.
- Review and maintain forward material requirements within working capital targets for packaging and raw materials.
- Review and maintain material master data. i.e. lot sizing, lead time, etc.
- Ensure the integrity of Material Forecasts generated by SAP and work closely with suppliers to ensure available capacity and confirm supply availability.