- Sort all parcels by hand
- Sort all letters by machine and hand
- Make sure letters and parcels are loaded onto the correct truck to be delivered.
- Check items to ensure that addresses are legible and correct.
- Assist drivers in loading and unloading mail containers.
- Inspect containers for damaged equipment and report to the supervisor.
- Ensure all mail containers are scanned under the correct parent bar code.
- Ensure safe and proper loading of air containers on tractor-trailers.
- Sorted all of ups mail and other materials, such as metals, wood, plastics, into appropriate containers for shipping as well as recycling.
- Place mail onto conveyors for culling and sorting.
- Weigh parcels to determine postage.
- Operate forklifts and trains to move mail and large boxes.