- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- May operate fork-lift, pallet-jacks, or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Lift 70+ pounds.
- Tag lost, broke, or improperly addressed mail for return.
- Perform machines for destination tags.
- Sort parcels according to zip code and/or location.
- Program label machine for destination tags.
- Coordinating for pick-up and delivery of completed print shop jobs.
- Using a computer and various other applications to automate processes, i.e. mailing/envelope labeling, postage changes, and email.
- Advising employees from all county departments and agencies about alternative mailing options and related costs.
- Charging postage due to mailing and business reply mail to the appropiate office.
- Mailing to various schools across the Prince George’s County Public Schools Area.
- Acting as a catalyst by organizing mail to be delivered to each school and school firms.
- Lifting, organizing, and delivering heavy objects to various places such as schools and offices.
- Communicating with clients who want to have certain special mail packages delivered or any issues they may have.