- Prepare daily work and run schedules.
- Sending instructions to customs clearing agents to start the registration process for motor vehicles and motor cycles.
- Making timely requisition for payment of taxes and ensuring the taxes for the motor vehicles and motorcycles are paid in time.
- Order for the pre-delivery inspection and unit preparation to Workshop to ensure units meet customer expectations before delivery.
- Stock management through monthly stock taking and proper allocation of units using first in first out criterion.
- Ensuring proper documentation and record keeping by updating the Logbook and tax registers on a daily basis and ensuring proper filing of documents.
- Updating the Motor Vehicle Register (MVR).
- Sending monthly tax report to the National Sales Manager.
- Purchasing of number plates and booking government number plates from Ministry of Works for the vehicles.
- Ensuring Insurance Cover for all company vehicles is up to date. Supervising the issue of 3rd Party insurance to all new vehicles and motor cycles before delivery to the client.
- Update the MVR on new orders from clients, in-coming stock from Japan and South Africa as well as the stock in Mombasa and new arrivals in Kampala.
- I work independently with customers and drivers on a daily basis in mass volumes.
- i check in drivers and input customers purchase orders that get distributed to my team of warehouse lumpers that then receive products from different vendors ranging from dry chemicals, deli foods, produce, and meat plant orders
- I file bill of ladings and customer check in sheets, and other paperwork that is required prior to getting unloaded.
- I schedule and keep a data sheet of vendor appointments Sunday through Friday.
- I make and receive telephone calls to customers.
- I collect payments from cash to different payment methods such as comdata checks, efs checks, T-checks, and fleet one checks that i deposit daily.
- Receive and count incoming packages and shipments, and record data manually or using computer.
- Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, or delivery vehicles.
- Update the Sales Team through the Logistics Update register on the status of their clients’ orders.
- Assisting the Logistics Officer in the organization of the day to day activities.
- Arranging documents i.e. collecting document from supplier and disturbing copies to logistic firms.
- Dealing with logistic firms i.e. checking on shipment.
- Traveling i.e. distributing documents
- Assist purchase department i.e. collecting invoice
- Assist accounts department i.e. cheque collection and making payments
- Daily banking (addition task) i.e. verifying cash and making deposit